Every voice and every story are invaluable. Diversity and inclusion sit at the center of our unique culture and they’ve been key components to our culture and our success since our beginning in 1947. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace where our employee population actively reflects the communities we serve. We foster an environment of inclusion by celebrating the differences in each of us, developing an authentic mix of experiences that enhance both our workplace and the level of care we provide to our patients.
Explore the diverse career opportunities currently available. Add your unique voice, talents and passions to the amazing teams at Group Health and play a valuable role in shaping our organization. Throughout our history, Group Health has led the way and often forged new paths. We’re proud to celebrate a few of our “firsts” demonstrating our commitment to diversity through the decades:
- 1955: Hilde M. Birnbaum, first woman chair of the Cooperative
- 1969: James Garrison, first African-American doctor
- 1969: Richard Turnipseed, first MEDEX* program participant
- 1974: Ida B. Chambliss, first African-American woman chair of the Cooperative
- 1996: Desi Bailey, first openly LGBT Hospital Chief of Staff
- 1997: Cheryl Scott, first woman CEO
*MEDEX has been helping veterans enter the physician assistant (PA) profession with the goal of leveraging military medical training and experience for civilian PA careers.